OBAMA WON! I AM SO SO SO EXCITED! This is a ridiculously exciting day for everyone supporting Obama, and really it is a huge milestone in American history. We just sat and watched at it crossed 4am here in London and the polls closed on the West Coast and the 55 Electoral Votes from California pushed Obama over the edge. When the results from Pennsylvania and Ohio came in, you could just see that everyone in the room was doing the math in their heads, and then it dawned on everyone that Obama and Biden had won the election, because California was going to go to Obama. It was insane, and again, so so exciting. It's 4:25 am here, and I'm watching John McCain's gracious concession speech and I can't even believe that this has happened. I am actually talking to my dad on Skype right now, and he mentioned how John McCain is such an honorable man, and I totally agree with that. But this is Obama's time, and the Democrats have taken back the White House and have control of the Senate and the House of Representatives. I have so much hope for the next four years and I can't believe that this is the first presidential election that I actually got to participate in. I have never believed more in democracy. Goodnight everyone.
p.s. check out my pictures in my Picasa albums! The link is down in the column on the right.
Wednesday, 5 November 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
...."one?" shouldn't that be "won" Love, Dad
Hello Kelsey,
I am really enjoying your blog.
Love you,
Grampa
I fixed the typo. Thanks Dad.
And Hi Grampa! I'm really glad that you are liking it! love you too, Kelsey
Hi Kelsey!! It's great to read about your adventures in Europe. What a wonderful experience to watch the US election results in another country. It is something you will remember for the rest of your life; especially with history being made. I spent election night with your mom and dad here. There was a fair amount of whooping and hollering...er, I should say your dad and I were whooping and hollering...we are so excitable. (?!) Anyway, here's to the next 4 years and to the rest of your semester abroad. Have a great time. Talk when you come home at Christmas? Love, Ruth x
Post a Comment