Well, I decided to do a crazy trip during my reading week to visit Catherine in Ireland and then travel with both her and her friend Veronica to Bruges and Brussels in Belgium. So I flew from London to Shannon, and then took a bus from Shannon to Galway (where Catherine is living) and then left the next morning to go back to Shannon to fly to Brussels. Then we took a bus to Bruges, stayed there two nights, took a train to Brussels, stayed one night, then a bus to the airport. Then from Shannon to Galway, hung out for the night, then back to Shannon to fly back to London today. Crazy travels! I'm glad that the transportation bit is all over, even though I got a bunch of reading done on buses and things.
Bruges was my favorite, of the two cities. It was much smaller, and more my size and speed. The whole place is like a step back in time, because all of the architecture is from the middle ages. The Markt square is really pretty, and all of the canals are great. There is a church with a relic of Jesus's blood, which was random and interesting. I guess I can just say that I had a great time hanging around and the whole vibe of the place was just calming. Not to mention that there were chocolate shops on every block (very literally), and I had so many waffles. They were delicious.
Now, I'm back at school in London, so I've got to get some more work done, so I'll write more when I can. There are a lot of pictures of this trip in my Picasa albums (link to the right).
love,
kelsey
No comments:
Post a Comment