Tuesday, 4 November 2008

Our election

Not that I wouldn't be watching anyway, but I think 4 of my friends on my floor are Political Science majors back home in the US, so we are setting up a big, election-watching party in the TV room in the basement of the dorm. A lot of the British students seem to be really interested in what's going on with our election, for reasons ranging from watching the US election process (different than Britain's) to seeing all of our reactions to whoever is elected. There are headlines all over town about Obama being in front in the polls as Americans go to vote, but I am ridiculously nervous about the whole thing. I'm really hoping that it happens without any voting glitches like have unfortunately occurred in the past, which would make this election last even longer than the 2 years it's already taken. I think a lot of people just want it to be over. Anyway, I have no news on British reactions to the results, since they haven't happened yet, but I will tomorrow. I also want everyone to know (because so many people have asked me) that I have voted absentee and that yes, I will be awake from midnight to 5 am as the results are coming in in the US. The time difference makes it extra interesting.

No comments: