Saturday, 1 November 2008

Quantum of Solace


Not to make everyone not in the UK jealous, but I just saw the new James Bond movie "Quantum of Solace." I didn't think it was as cohesive as "Casino Royale," but it did have all the action sequences, foreign locations and international intrigue that you go see a James Bond movie for, and I would recommend it, when it does come out in the US on 14 Nov.

To go see it, we decided to go to the Chelsea Cinema in Chelsea, which was very cool. It was sort of stadium-seating set-up, but not as vertical, and it had a stage on the front and you entered through a tunnel in the middle like some sports stadiums. The chairs were blue velvet (snazzy!) and you could order cocktails to watch James Bond. My friend Alex told me that you can do that in LA and some places, but I didn't know that. And the seats were assigned, like in the real theatre. It was a little strange, but you didn't get any of the weird 1-seat gaps like in a full show in the US. The area around was nice too, but it was raining, so we didn't see much of it. I did have a really tasty lasagna for lunch/dinner at an italian diner (the only way I can think of to describe it) across the street. It was really raining when we were trying to come back here, so I'm a little cold and wet right now.

1 comment:

Jill said...

I am so jealous,I can't wait to see the new James Bond and here you saw it in London!!! You guys are having too much fun. Miss you, Jill